Search This Blog

Saturday 18 June 2016

Random musings - I

It happened to be the fifth time I was asking him to pack his project properly, liquid separately and the other items separately, and when he still didn’t budge from his place and went on his talks with his brother, I couldn’t hold my tongue anymore. It never works you know, soft words? You need to raise your voice put in an extra stress at certain places to let him know that you are an angry bird, and don’t stop with just the instruction, go on and on for a few minutes until he finishes his task.

When he was almost finished my dad turns up and rants on how the kid is perfect unlike his own (*rolling eyes*), there was enough time for things to be done and so on, and the kid looks at me accusingly like I was over reacting. 

It does hurt me too, but then did I have any option? As I try changing my mood listening to some music, positioning my headset, I find a tribal woman asking the woman seated next to me for some water to drink, which she gives. I close my eyes and remember that I have forgotten to bring my water bottle.

As a few songs go on, and I feel a little lighter, I open my eyes to check the station, and I see the tribal woman breastfeeding her kid. I close my eyes again and tears form ready to trickle bringing back the morning events, only now I feel my son wasn't wrong. One moment you have all reasons favoring you, you feel at peace, and the other moment something just punches you under the jaw.

As I switch off the music, I see that the tribal woman has left the train, and the old woman sitting across asks the one near me how could she offer water to that woman. She seemed to be surprised that the woman would ask and this one would give. The one who offered her the water said she was taken aback naturally, but how could she say no? What would people think? The older woman said she understood, and suggested the woman throw away the bottle.

The voice inside my mind grows louder and chants Krishna! We have countless stories and theories right from Vedas to Tolstoy that say God manifests around us in all beings, yet we would sing his praise, fast, act altruistic, thinking we are demigods, only to reiterate that we all still remain immature, insensitive, callous and grossly unsympathetic deep inside our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment