Search This Blog

Saturday 18 June 2016

The warning

A crack, snap, hiss,
and he falls,
singed and scorched,
discolored and destroyed.
"I loved your frizzle",
I am startled.
And turn to see.
"Wasn't that you,
who sizzled?" he asks.

"Are you listening?"
he chuckles,
"I am talking to you",
he taunts.
My heart sways,
or is it a shiver?
Transparent wings,
splashing hues of
bright red and blue.

Seething in between
shades of yellow.
colors that danced,
that looked so pretty
swaying with style
until it cracked and snapped.
"What a gorgeous sway!"
he quips merrily as
I try to smile.

"It's not me,
it's the wind", I retort .
"Yes! It was the wind,
but since it is
I who say,
it must be you."
"You think I am
burning for you?"
I chortle and giggle.

"You entice me
with your colors,
you invite me
with your warmth"
he plays with a hiss.
"that sounds accusing,
Blue ghost*" I smirk.
"You know me?"
"I have seen your likes."

"You may have,
but they were likes
not Me" he guffaws.
He sneers and steers
close enough, and
I shout, "Stop there!
You are foolish!
Stay back, don't
you come near"

"Woman, you are here
to hear, not order"
he stares with
an anger so intense,
"You pride yourself
of your uninviting sway.
And yet with a
slight flicker, I ask you
for tonight not forever."

and so I stopped
my shouts and retorts.
A foolhardy male
never heeds a warning.
Though I go cold
his transparent wings
turn sparkling yellow
and with a crack, snap
and hiss he falls,
singed and scorched,
discolored and destroyed.

*Blue ghost - a type of firefly.
** My note - The narration is by flame and this is dedicated to fireflies whose memories remain just inspirations. Words keep adding to this, and I wonder if I should write a part II.

No comments:

Post a Comment